With many factors in mind, and with the informative input from many of our returning families, we have officially decided to merge our two summer sessions into one exciting summer program, from July 11th – July 31st. We have evaluated all of our options for this summer and have made this change due to the following reasons.
- Because cross culturalism, internationalism and diversity are such a valued component in the CUWP program, we were finding that due to circumstances surrounding the pandemic we were not able to ensure international representation in both sessions.
- Considering the state of Virginia’s COVID compliances and health guidelines we will also be able to better execute small and large group interactions and ensure safety measures in one 3-week session versus over the course of 6 weeks.
- One 3-week session allows us the opportunity to have a larger session and still maintain the intimacy and integrity of the program.
This decision will allow us to better ensure the quality and invaluable experience of Camp Up with People this summer.
With this update, the CUWP experience will still look very much the same with some exciting new additions including:
- Our partnership with AIESEC a youth branch of the United Nations and our integration of their sustainable development goals.
- Our upgraded campus and sports complex.
- And of course, community service, lots of singing, and tons of s’mores.
We Are Many, We Are One!!