Dates and Fees
2021 Dates and Fees
- Cast A: June 27 – July 17
- Cast B: July 18 – August 7
- Reserve your camper’s bunk with our $375.00 registration fee
- All camp fees must be paid in full by June 1st
- For cancellations made before May 1, all fees may be refunded, less a $375 processing fee.
- For cancellations after May 1, all fees for processing and tuition are forfeited and no refunds will be remitted.
We can’t wait to see you next summer!
Camp Up with People is located in the beautiful, historic Shenandoah Valley about 5 minutes north of Harrisonburg, Virginia and just two hours southwest of Washington, DC. Our camp site is called Horizons at Valley Pike. Valley Pike offers a dorm-like facility, with suites sleeping 8 (comprised of 2 rooms with a shared bathroom between them). Each room has 2 bunk beds and adequate closet space. The dormitory is equip with electricity, air-conditioning, and wifi access. In addition to a swimming pool, Valley Pike also offers a building for performing arts rehearsals, a lodge, and outdoor recreational areas and equipment.
Here in Harrisonburg the temperature is usually in the 80’s during the day and in the 60’s at night. We occasionally get rain, but for the most part the weather is sunny and pleasant. Evenings sometimes require a sweatshirt and jeans.
Horizons at Valley Pike
297 Cornerstone Lane, Harrisonburg, VA 22802
- Take I-81 to exit 251 for US-11 toward Harrisonburg
- Turn left at US-11/N Valley Pike 0.3 miles
- Turn left at Cornerstone Lane 0.3 miles
If coming from downtown Harrisonburg Court Square:
- Head North on US-11 (North Main Street)
- Continue to follow US-11 3.5 miles
- Turn right at Cornerstone Lane 0.3 miles
Camp Horizons: Approximately 9 miles from Valley Pike is our sister camp, Camp Horizons, where many of our “camp like” activities will take place. Camp Horizons is nestled on 300 acres along the Massanutten Mountain. Camp is comprised of activity buildings, a nature lodge, a 25-meter lap and dive pool, Lake Philippa, two tennis courts, a basketball court, a sand volleyball court, an archery range, the Swap Shop (camp store), Dew Drop Inn and Lazy Daze Landing (camper hangouts), an outdoor theater, climbing wall, two high ropes courses, various low ropes course elements, riding rings and wooded trails on the mountain that overlooks camp. We will travel over to Camp Horizons each week, being a part of their Talent Shows every Thursday evening. Following is a map to Camp Horizons, and information and directions can be found at: http://www.camphorizonsva.com