Join Our Team
- Camp Up with People is all about people of any age, becoming responsible members of our worldwide community while enjoying life to its fullest. As a member of the camp staff you will have the opportunity to improve the quality of life for yourself and others. We are looking for people who want to work, play, and interact with young people age 13 to 17. We are always looking for people who are highly professional, talented and energetic. Our staff members come from across around the world.
- Camp counselors have a tremendous responsibility in overseeing the campers experience and by serving as role models. In addition to an employment contract, all staff members (and campers) sign our Community Agreement, which outlines our accepted rights and responsibilities as members of the Camp Up with People community. This agreement goes beyond our usual policies and procedures to address issues of how we view and treat others and ourselves while at camp.
- Working at camp is about putting other people’s needs above your own. Previous staff members have said that working at camp was one of the hardest things they ever did, but also the most rewarding. You will learn to know yourself better, experience the infinite rewards of working with youth. Camp gives kids a world of good, and counselors are the ones that make this happen!
Working at Camp – Staff Training
Camp begins with a two-week training/orientation program, followed by 6 weeks of summer camp sessions. During Staff Training you’ll
- Learn Camp UWP’s philosophies and policies
- Have general Staff Training
- Have departmental Staff Training
- Get to know your fellow staff members,
- Get acclimated to facilities and camp grounds
- Prepare your program and/or activity area for campers.
Camp Up with People takes the highest pride in hiring the most qualified staff in the hopes of providing our campers and families with an unparalleled camp experience. We look forward to all interested and qualified applicants.
Become a Host Family
Host family living is one of the most exciting and rewarding components of the Camp Up with People experience. The partnership between local DC families and Camp Up with People cast members creates a true global community. Together our campers will learn from Host Families and create valuable relationships.
Every summer very giving families in the greater DC area have welcomed our campers into their homes. The cultural learning that takes place in a local home setting – discovering new customs, languages, foods, and traditions – is at the heart of the CUWP experience for both cast members and host families.
This is cultural immersion at its best. CUWP campers may come from across the globe or as far away as Washington DC. Host families might live in an urban flat, rural farmhouse, suburban townhouse, modest accommodations or a mansion. No matter what, each host family stay brings the chance to form lifelong international friendships and helps bring the world together in a unique and profound way.
Become a host family! Interested in learning more? Just let us know and we’ll keep you in the know! We’re happy to answer any questions you may have, and we’ll reach out to you at the beginning of the summer. For more info please contact us.